HAIR TUTORIAL BRAIDED UPDO – BY WHATIWOULDBUY.COM AND SALON B
BEAUTY December 4 2014
It’s time for another Hair Tutorial by whatiwouldbuy.com! This braided, party-proof updo is perfect for the Holidays :).
Create cool/sexy/chic/high-fashion hairstyles all by yourself, in just a few steps!
For this braided hairstyle, we took one of Moschino’s catwalk looks as our inspiration. Scroll down to see the step-by-step images that will give you this fashionable look.
- STEP 1
- Apply some ‘Thickening Cream’ to your hair from roots to ends, then blow dry your hair (this way your hair gets more grip) and divide into a middle section.
- STEP 2
- Divide one side of your hair into a sharp triangle shaped section and start braiding your hair with three strings. Take more hair while you go downwards. Do the same with the other side of your hair.
- *Expert Tip: Start with tight braiding on top of your head. When you get to the backside of your head, make the braids more loose.
- STEP 3
- Secure the braids with (clear) hair elastics. Now you have two tight french braids on both sides.
- STEP 4
- Take the ends of the braids, and secure them upwards onto the backside of your head with bobby pins.
- STEP 5
- Sprinkle some ‘Teaser Styling Dust’ over your hairdo. Tap the powder all over your hairdo and use your fingertips to rub it in. This creates a more ‘undone’, out of bed look. Don’t be afraid to ‘mess up’ your hair! The messier, the better ;).
- Voilà! Your fabulous updo is finished and you are ready to party :).
Hairstyling credits: Immu Sundström and Blanca Eppinga. Photography assistant: Larissa Bosch. Salon credits: Salon B Haarlem. The products we’ve used for this hairstyle are available in the online shop of Salon B.
Photography by Danique Bauer / © WhatIWouldBuy